mui Lab to Present ‘Calm Bedroom’ That Can Foster Family Bonds and Emotional Security @CES Unveiled & CES 2023
mui’s Matter-ready interface seamlessly connects devices to turn the bedroom into a family oasis.
“mui Board 2nd generation” pre-order is scheduled to be launched on Kickstarter in April 2023!
Join our waitlist now. You’ll be the first to receive a pre-order notification.
LAS VEGAS (Dec. 26, 2022) — At CES® Unveiled (Jan. 3) and CES 2023 (Jan. 5-8), mui Lab will demonstrate the concept of the “calm bedroom” that uses “mui Board 2nd Gen” to connect multiple Matter devices seamlessly to create an ultimate environment for resting and recharging. Scheduled for release in 2023, “mui Board 2nd Gen” is the Matter-ready version of the company’s signature wooden interface, “mui Board,” which is designed to keep technology out of users’ consciousness to prevent distraction and information overload. The 2nd Gen version utilizes Matter devices’ interoperability to further blend IoT into daily life discreetly, creating an at-home oasis that fosters familial relationships and wellbeing — an important factor in promoting human security.
“People are feeling increasingly anxious and overwhelmed as more devices are introduced into their lives, and this problem is often magnified in our bedrooms, “ mui Lab CEO Kaz Oki said. “As Matter, the recently released universal standard for connected things, is expected to further accelerate this trend, ‘mui Board 2nd Gen’ redefines the human-technology relationship, turning ordinary objects into tools to fulfill our innate quest for comfort and human connections. As CES 2023 takes as its theme the importance of using technology to advance ‘human security,’ we are very excited to showcase what our technology can do to bring families together and provide better emotional security.”
mui’s Calm Bedroom at CES:
Calm bedroom experiences are achieved through users’ daily interactions with connected objects. For example, when you close the curtain, it will prompt the lights to come on and the light timer to appear on the mui Board, allowing you to finger-draw a line (a shorter line for a quick turnoff, a longer line for turning it off later, etc.) on the interface’s wooden surface.
Features of ‘mui Board 2nd Gen’:
· Serves as the single point of control for all the connected objects/devices
· Smooth device synchronization (no awkward glitches/latency) to create a restful environment
· Enables “calm” device control via voice command, handwriting on the wooden interface, etc.
· Returns to looking like a piece of wood furniture in sleep mode
· Delivers digital convenience without causing distraction or information overload
· Promotes family communications through the warmth of the wooden interface
· Utilizes Matter’s higher security standard to provide better security and privacy protection
‘CALM BEDROOM’ Powered by mui Board 2nd Gen
Jan. 3 (5:00-8:30 p.m.) – CES Unveiled (Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Shoreline Exhibit Hall)
Jan. 5-8 – CES 2023 (Venetian Expo Level2, Booth no. #50027)
About mui Lab
mui Lab is a Kyoto-based tech startup specializing in designing “calm user interface (UI)” that can improve people’s wellbeing. We blend technology and the spirituality and sense of beauty behind Japanese craftsmanship to bridge the gap between human’s seemingly conflicting desires: Using conventional technology to attain the convenience of life and seeking comfort in nature. Mui is a two-time winner of CES Innovation Awards (2019 & 2022) and received the 2021 Archiproducts DESIGN Awards both in the general and sustainability categories. Mui conducts global business from its headquarters in Kyoto, a city known for its successful blending of tradition and technology.
CES® is one of the world’s largest technology trade shows held annually in Las Vegas. Bringing together 2,279 exhibitors and 84,500 attendees between Las Vegas and online venues at CES 2022, the event is billed as the “the proving ground for breakthrough technologies and global innovators.” At CES 2020 held prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, 4,600 companies showcased 20,000 products and services.
- News Release | Nov 3, 2022mui Lab to Release Matter Version of Its Signature Smart Home Interface to Foster Family Bondsmui Board
- Others | Nov 15, 2022Report - our demo at Matter Launch Event and its Media CoverageMatter
- News Release | Jun 23, 2022世界共通のスマートホーム標準規格「Matter」に対応し、あらゆるスマートホーム機器間のシームレスな体験を提供します Matter